Friday, June 1, 2012

Maurices Ups Their Plus Size Game

Happy Friday, Bombshells!  I've had the type of morning where glasses are leaping out of my cupboards, meeting a shattery death on the kitchen floor; and my apt building's fire alarm went off while I was in the shower.  All-in-all, pretty exciting.  Equally exciting (ok, more so than broken glasses and fire alarms): this new dress that I got from Maurices


Belted Abstract Tube Dress, Available up to Size 28. Belt included.

It's really cute, isn't it?  The dress features one of the latest trends right now: an uneven hemline.  The back of the dress is longer than the front, a design element that's been all over the pages of InStyle and People Style Watch.  

I like the watercolor print, in particular - it feels very "Sitting on the patio with a glass of wine, watching the sunset."  I've also tossed a long cardigan over the dress, slipped on a pair of casual flip flops and worn it to run errands at the Farmer's Market.  You know I love versatility!  



My clumsy attempt at showing you the longer back hem.  
Lizzie Miller, I am not.

The last time I checked in on Maurices, I couldn't find anything that suited my style.  Everything skewed young and small towney.  

I can call something small towney because I come from a small town.  One where we actually had a Maurices - before they carried plus sizes.

But after seeing what they have to offer now - trendy though not too young, tops and tees, pants, skirts, dresses ranging in price from about $25-$60 - I'm definitely more interested.  And this dress is quickly on its way to becoming my summertime favorite.  So although Maurices sent this dress to me to review for you, I can see myself making a purchase in the future.  

One thing to note- their sizes run smaller than what you might be used to in other plus size stores.  I wear a Lane Bryant 18 - but had to order this dress in a size 2 (22/24).  Be sure to check your measurements against their size chart before ordering.  
Have you tried Maurices lately?  What did you think?

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited about this because I like Maurices. Great info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie GangerJune 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM

    I have had about half of their items run too large on me. Where I would usually wear a 2 I have to size down to a 1. Also the other way really depends on the cut of the item for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point, Stephanie- the cut and fabric definitely influence what size will fit. What have you tried from there that ran large on you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a 10 & some things in my size Run a little snug but I do have broad shoulders. I love Maurices clothes, both casual & dressy. I am a funeral director & have to dress up a lot so I find a great pair of dress pants & several different trendy tops I can mix & match. I don't have a Maurices close by anymore. I moved 200 miles from my hometown Where I was just 15 minutes from Maurices & made several visits there quite often. I would love to try out clothes for Maurices. I would be more than HAPPY to show them off & recommend them for others. I am a huge fan. I would love this trendy dress in my size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondering if I am the only one who doesn't care for the wide belt look? Maybe it's because I can't pull the look off.. it makes my hips look enormous.. The dress is lovely and looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.