Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Everyday Bombshell

I checked out the iconic St. Paul Festival, Grand Old Day, for the first time a couple weeks ago.  The festival has been going on since the 1970's; and I've lived in downtown St. Paul for eight years...but have never been to the G.O.D before.  It might be safe to say that I've purposely avoided the festival.  I have Golden Girls tendencies that keep me from enjoying events that combine crowds and children's activities and beer gardens.  

I know.  I'm only 32.  I should not be the old lady yelling at kids to get off the grass, yet.  So in an effort to be more Blanche than Sophia, I put on a cute outfit and joined the fracas.  I mean, the fun. 

I absolutely loved wearing this outfit - from the black and white zebra print tank, which was flowy and cool enough to wear out in the sun all day - to the touches of hot pink, which could not be more Bombshell-riffic.   I spent my first Grand Old Day with fun friends, listened to a danceable band, and did not hate my first (albeit last) experience with the festival.  

The Outfit:
Britney Tank - c/o Sealed with a Kiss
Jeans- Avenue
Pink patent flip flops- Payless
Pink flower pin - Lily Star
Silver bangle bracelets- Karma
Silver leaf earrings- Forever 21

6 comments:

  1. When I turned 30 I decided that I was too old for Grand Old Day. It sure was fun when I was younger though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So why not try it again? I have to admit, I am not a fan of crowds in the summer, and I grew up in NYC. Never mind, I don't blame you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top and the flash of color - no age limit there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, you are too precious. and SO not Sophia Petrillo!! you're definitely more Blanche Devereaux with your fashion sense and moxie!

    i love that outfit on you, it is very polished and fun.

    ...and i am definitely Rose Nylan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kristin...I only wish I was Blanche! I love that you're Rose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the big pink flower. I've been considering adding more floral prints, hair accessories and pins to my wardrobe. It's just a matter of finding the right ones. Yours is fab.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.