Thursday, September 22, 2011

Going Casual

Casual is not something I do well.  In any area of my life.  I invite friends over for a laid back dinner and we wind up with place cards & tea lights.  I go watch football with my friends on Sunday afternoon and show up wearing a Vikings tee-shirt with a belted circle skirt.  It's not necessarily a bad thing.  I like being hyper feminine and taking time with the details.  But Kiyonna has me rethinking my casual style.

I clicked onto their New Arrivals page a couple days ago and it felt like the world around me stopped.
 
(See?  I can't even be casual in telling a mundane story). 

Kiyonna's fall lineup marries the best of two worlds, perfectly.  Casual but a little romantic.  Easy-going with sophisticated details. 

The Inspiration

Featuring the Love Ya Sweetheart top, Rylan Ruched top, & Ashton Twist top   

I've ordered a few pieces from Sealed with a Kiss & Avenue with these looks in mind.  And since the Ashton Twist top is on sale, I'll probably order that one too.  I know casual-wear is a no-brainer for most people but for some reason, it's something I really struggle with.  I'm really excited to feel like I have a vision for how I want to do this look.  It's time for me to try something new. 

6 comments:

  1. Really cute outfits! I just love those tops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with casual too. I'm either dressy or extreme casual (sweatpants). I've tried to find middle ground but don't feel I'm quite there yet. Thanks for these suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tops, they would all look fantastic on you! Can't wait to see which one you pick. I like the gray sweetheart top best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your lovely blog all the way from Spain (altho' I am a Brit!). Wonderful blog; been enjoying reading some of your older posts too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi sara! pretty much put that green top in my shopping cart as soon as i read your post...

    Jessica
    Surely Sonsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, Vanessa- so glad you found me!

    Yay, Jessica - I can't wait to see how you wear it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)