Friday, August 12, 2011

Everyday Bombshell

A friend of mine was posting on Facebook a few days ago, recalling things from childhood that she missed. One of them was Track and Field Day at school. Me? I hated Track & Field Day. It was a day of torture- running races and jumping rope as many times as possible in a minute and seeing who could punt the football the farthest? Basically...an entire day of gym class? No thanks!

And yet, I realized that today's outfit was chosen for the grown-up version of Track & Field Day: my department's annual summer picnic. I work with a lot of really fun people, so the summer picnic is not nearly as traumatic as Track & Field Day. But we do grill out and play games (Minute to Win It style). I find it amusing that, for as much as we all grow up, we kind of never actually do.







The Outfit:
Emmylou Tunic- c/o Sealed with a Kiss
Mossimo skinny jeans- Torrid
Jeweled belt- Gap
Gold swirly necklace- Entourage (boutique in Athens, GA)
Gold hoop earrings- Lia Sophia
Ballet flats- Payless Shoes

5 comments:

  1. oooohhh... I really like this outfit! :) I used to love track and field days... I was a very athletic kid growing up. Not so much anymore. But I still love games, and minute to win it style games are just an excuse for a lot of fun and laughter! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this outfit! Really, right down to the ballet flats! I love the tunic, necklace and earrings. The belt too! Lol. Everything, like I said. You sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really cute outfit! I hated field day in elementary school, since I wasn't a very athletic kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this might actually be my favorite outfit post from you this week! I love your style, and this is something I could easily make work for myself as a college student.

    Hope you had fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hated track and field day too! It was always stressful and slightly traumatizing. I wonder if they still do it these days...
    and ps. That color is amazing on you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)