Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Everyday Bombshell

I felt very "Mad Men" today- if only my typing skills were up to par, I could join the secretary pool. Alas, I only type about 50 WPM.



I know a lot of you (us) have been discovering City Chic lately, thanks to the massive sales they've been running over the past several weeks. I've Tweeted with a few of you who were wondering if the price point was worth the quality of what one would receive from City Chic. I've said it before, I'll say it again- yes. Especially with free shipping and free returns (seriously, I LOVE that).

This outfit is a perfect example of how quality and versatility justify a couple extra bucks. This is the very same dress I wore on date night with my husband, then again to the MN Opera last week. I wore this outfit to work today - so case in point: one dress, three outfits in three very different situations.

The Outfit:
Spliced Stripe Dress- c/o City Chic
Florista cardigan - c/o Sealed with a Kiss
Jeweled belt- Gap Outlet
Cameo necklace- Grandma Ruth's
Black mary jane heels- Payless

11 comments:

  1. This is outfit is very "city chic!"
    and a great look for work!! I like the way you belted over the cardigan...it is very flattering!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH I love this outfit! I ordered two new dresses from LB yesterday (thanks to the fabulous 30% off) for a fancy schmancy wedding in New Orleans. I'll let you know what I think when they arrive!!!:)

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking very "Joan" from Mad Men. That is a great dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love-love this outfit! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I am loving the quality of everything I've ordered from City Chic. I'm going to return one thing I bought b/c I don't like how it fits me, but everything is super high quality. And I LOVE free returns. Man, more companies need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i Have to say, i didn't have a good experience with City Chic, none of the items i ordered fit me well, was very disappointed...Love your look, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit on you!I opened my reader to this brilliant pop of red and it was so cheery. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this outfit the best, though all of them were very becoming to you. I like the way you made it work several different ways. This is inspiring to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ladies,

    I just wanted some clarification on the City Chic sizing. I know, I know, you're probably saying that there is a sizing chart right there but I NEVER have GREAT LUCK with the sizing chart. So here is my story... I have a VOLUPTUOUS chest and health tummy. I wear a 22/24 on the top and a 18/20 on the bottom. Soo ladies... for tops and blouses what size do you suggest that I order with City Chic?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely understand your point with sizing charts. I will say that City Chic's is awesome in that it really does provide the equivalent in sizing for Lane Bryant & Torrid - I would recommend getting a City Chic XL on top and a large in bottoms.

    Let me know how the sizing works out, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your outfit! I also really like that you are the one wearing it... not like many other fashion blogs that just copy and paste thumbnails of models. You look awesome! I am totally going to be back here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.