Thursday, March 10, 2011

Everyday Bombshell

Last night, I dove into book #1 of the Nancy Drew series that Dan bought me for my birthday. I read and loved Nancy Drew as a middle-schooler and it's been so much fun re-exploring that time in my life through this teenage super sleuth.

The original series is set in the 1930's, and so much of the dialogue and fashion reflects that time period. Nancy was always perfectly turned out for whatever situation she found herself in, whether it was a light linen jacket and dress set for lunch at the country club; or a sporty cotton tennis set for badmitten on the lawn. Inspired by the spunky yet ladylike Nancy Drew, I got dressed today:



The Outfit:
Ruffled bolero jacket- Lane Bryant
Maroon lace-trimmed tank - Gap Outlet
Blue gingham skirt- gift from Tina (T Minus, T Plus)
Corset belt- c/o Torrid
Gold bangle bracelet- Lia Sophia
Flower cocktail ring - Foever21
Maryjane heels - Payless

9 comments:

  1. I LOVED Nancy Drew too! Thanks for the flasback Sara. The outfit is so cute. I especially like the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love the skirt, jacket and tank! Great look on you! I have the same Maryjane heels and love them! The braclet and ring are fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Nancy Drew! I own so many of the old books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have that book somewhere. I used to love old Nancy Drew books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Nancy Drew too and aspire to dress like her (and you!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the entire series! Nancy Drew was always in my hand as a child! That ring is fantastic and I love your outfit! Very Nancy Drew chic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. I love your blog. My name's Anna, I'm a stylist and visual merchandiser in LA. I'm 23 years old and moved to California after graduating back in south with a degree in visual merchandiser. I've worked with such designers as Max Azria, Nicole Richie, and my idol Rachel Zoe. I'd love if you visited my new blog for multiple posts a day on all things fashion. I'd love the support. I'm following you, I hope you'll do the same. Thanks so much.

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Anna - I'm happy to check out your blog, too. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that skirt and I love Nancy Drew too.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.