Monday, January 24, 2011

Beauty Moment- Stila's Adventurous in Aspen Palette

This past fall/winter, Stila released a series of palettes that I immediately glommed on to. Each one includes 4 eyeshadows and one convertible color (for lips and cheeks).

The palettes helped me break out of a makeup rut that I'd been in for a while - using the same shades (even if I bought them at different counters!) over and over, in the same way over and over. I learned a lot about how the shades in each palette, while appearing overly dramatic at first glance, are extremely wearable when blended together. Case in point? The Adventurous in Aspen palette.





The convertible color is a very pale, sheer pink shade called Rosy. And from the top left, the eyeshadows are:
* Glisten - burnished gold
* Snow Angel- glimmery lavender
* Ajax- gold flecked black
* icicles - navy blue

I looked at this palette and thought, "Uhm...how do I make purple/gold/navy blue work together?" It was a lot easier than I thought:





After evening out my complexion with Bobbi Brown's foundation stick, I covered up my under-eye circles with Bobbi's Corrector & Creamy Concealer. Then I dotted the Rosy convertible color onto the apples of my cheeks and blended the color up toward my temples with a fluffy powder brush.

For the eyes, I patted Snow Angel onto my entire eyelid. Then I pressed Glisten onto the inner half of my lower lid, starting from the tearduct and stopping just about my iris. I tapped Icicles into the crease, focusing at the outside corner of my eye. Then I put a little Glisten onto a fluffy shadow brush and swept it over my entire lower lid to help blend all the colors together. Ajax was my liner shade, defining my upper and lower lash liner.

I swiped a touch of Rosy convertible color on my lips, then topped it with a very pale pink gloss. Voila! Intimidating colors mastered.

4 comments:

  1. You have such pretty eyes! You look beautiful! :)

    I too get into a makeup rut. I just keep doing the same things over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOO pretty!

    I love it. Your eyes just POP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of work to me! But then if I can't do it in 3 minutes it's not happening! However did you get so girly?? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got so girly by playing with your Mary Kay palettes when I was a kid. :) Yep, you did this to me, Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)