Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fashion Resolutions for 2011

Like a lot of people, I'm a huge fan of getting all introspective and making New Year's resolutions come Dec 31st. And while I enjoy the process of applying resolutions to my personal life, I love to make fashion resolutions! So much more fun than resolving to drink more tea and less wine in the coming year.

I'm at the point in my life where I no longer feel the need to make a major overhaul to my look every year. Instead, I'm going to focus my fashion energies in 2011 toward refining my style and having fun with leopard prints, color, and different textures.

Leopard Prints



Fun with Color



Variety of Textures




I'm also going to make a concentrated effort to balance where I spend my wardrobe $$: at both big stores and with smaller, independent labels. I think small businesses are so important to a community - whether it's as close as your local neighborhood or a broader one like our plus size community. But I also appreciate what mainstream brands and stores do. There's room for everyone as long as we remember to support the Lane Bryants and the LucieLus.

What are you going to focus on in 2011?

6 comments:

  1. Yep, I'm with you 100%
    I plan on making similiar resolutions. The texture one will be the hardest. But the prints and color... never hurt me... but this year I want to step out my box a bit more. Stop feeling the need to "match" so much. Seems my most popular outfits are when I don't "match" as much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do more of what you are doing here..assess my wardrobe and set goals before I buy. Since becoming a blogger, I am learning to be very focused on what I look to buy. I just finished my Christmas-money spending and am pleased that I met all of my goals for the money!!
    I am excited to learn about the site you have here affordablescarves.com!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to focus more on mixing and matching my outfits. I could probably spend way less if I even focused on that even a little more.

    I tend to just concentrate on new clothes. (Like some of the things you just posted! I just love almost everything! Lol.)

    Like you, I just LOVE leopard prints. I want that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to play with texture combinations this year. So I'll be watching you for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I didn't even think of making a fasion resolution. But I am now! I keep seeing prints and saying I want to try them but never do. Guess 2011 is the time to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are good resolutions, I wouldn't have even considered texture but, you make a good point!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.