Thursday, December 2, 2010

Everyday Bombshell

I've been having a lot of trouble getting dressed for work lately. The problem is that it's freezing cold outside, but my office is extremely warm. So if I layer up to go outside, I'm sweaty after sitting at my desk for 12 minutes. If I dress a little lighter, everyone looks at me like, "Don't you know it's winter?" So, I'm still experimenting to find my personal comfort zone within the layer to heat ratio.

Here's today's effort:



I predict that I will either be perfectly comfortable. Or my arms will be freezing. Or my neck will be really hot. We'll see...


The outfit:
Denim dress - Lucie Lu
Yellow polka dot scarf - Old Navy
Cotton leggings - Gap
Kitten heels - Payless

6 comments:

  1. I have the same problem. My sweaters are always too warm for work, wince my office is well heated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this problem more often than not. Office is rarely the same temp as the rest of the building, plus frequent inversion relevant to outside temp. I layer with blazers and cardigans, knowing they'll be on & off throughout the day. I have a couple of wraps in my office for unexpected temp issues or when there simply weren't the right layers found in the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Another trick when you're forced to wear out-of-season weight clothing. Match colors to the season. Ex: lightweight but in wintery jewel-tones or black, rather than tropical summer colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. I have the opposite problem. My office is freezing cold while others a short distance away are hot/warm. So they keep the thermostat down and I freeze. My legs get cold even when wearing pants. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that scarf!! And your outfit is super cute! Ugh, I hate dressing for situations like that! (Although around here it seems to be freezing inside as well!) Best of luck to figuring something out! The outfit is at least fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the yellow polka dot scarf, what a fun pop of color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.