Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Bit of Schmalz & Sentimentality

Today, Dan and I are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary. We were musing the other night that four years doesn't seem like very long, yet it feels like we've been together forever. In a good way, not in a "Gads! Four years seems like a lifetime!" kind of way. In any case, it's been four years and I can honestly say that I'm even happier today than I was on this date back in 2006. And because I'm crazy sentimental, I thought it'd be fun to look back at snapshots of Dan and I taken on each of our anniversaries.

Of course we have to start out with the wedding picture. You've seen this one before, but it's my favorite:



Our first anniversary was spent in a cute little MN town called Redwing. We stayed at the St. James Hotel, though I think this picture was taken at a restaurant called Oar 'dourves. It was a nautical-inspired appetizer kind of place. I'd been sick for a long time leading up to our anniversary, which might explain the big comfy sweater. I did love that sweater:



On our second anniversary, Dan and I went to a fantastic neighborhood restaurant just up the street from our apartment. It's the most unpretentious French restaurant you'll ever set foot in, called Meritage. I bought this red dress from Ann Taylor during a trip to Las Vegas two months previous. What ever happened to that great beaded necklace, from Mark? Must find it...



Last year, I distinctly remember thinking that I wanted to buy a sexy dress to be worn especially out to dinner that night. I raced around at the last second, finding nothing, before drifting into a New York & Co (having never purchased anything there before in my life) and spotting this pink knit dress on sale for less than $20. Sold! I also broke out what appears to be major bling, but is actually the vintage necklace I wore on our wedding day. It was Grandma Kappy's and I thought, "Hell, if I can't wear it on my anniversary once in a while it's going to languish in my jewelry box for the rest of my life."

15 comments:

  1. You look amazing in every shot, and Happy Anniversary! I'll be married 17 years next August. I'm not sure how that happened, I was just in high school, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off Happy Anniversary. Second off You looked beautiful in your wedding dress! Finally, you guys have lost a lot of weight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys look fabby! love all the vintage-wear :) congrats! we're pushing 15 this coming December...time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful wedding gown!

    happy anniversary, newlyweds! (my hubs and i will celebrate four next June)

    you guys look so cute and happy together! i cannot help but notice you and your husband's huge transformation in the pictures - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! You both are fantastic people and deserve many, many, many more years of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet photos, especially the lovely wedding dress!

    Congratulations! You both looked great then and even better now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An adorable couple! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. And, yes, you must find that fabulous necklace...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your anniversary. Hope you have many more happy one's together.

    You both look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I'm day late, but congratulations and happy anniversary!! You guys look so cute, and those are great pictures!! I hope you guys had a great day yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary!!! You guys look gorgeous and happy in every pic! I was just looking at the Evans page and came across your blog. I think you should submit your photos to the Museum of Fat Love site. The site has pictures of loving couples, who are large and in love. I hope you are not offended by my suggestion, I just think you and your husband look great and your pictures convey a genuine love for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!! You both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys look great, happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.