Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Scent Swap

I wear perfume every single day. It's the last thing I put on before I walk out the door - a spritz on each wrist, at my throat and the back of my neck. Which perfume I put on depends on a few things: time of day, season, and of course how I'm feeling. Here are the four scents I rotate between and when I splash them on.




Bobbi Brown Bath
-
This light, clean scent is my default. I reach for the classic apothecary bottle most days of the week because its impact is fresh and pretty, not a bold statement. The perfume contains notes of Water Hyacinth, Neroli, Orange Flower, White Lily, Aromatic Sage and Sandalwood with hints of Patchouli. The sandalwood and patchouli are incredibly faint; to be honest, I was surprised to learn they're even in Bath because there's not a hint of musk to the scent at all. It's just a great, easy perfume to wear.

Lancome Magnifique*
Infused with the spicy saffron, roses and exotic nagarmotâ wood, Magnifique is one of my most versatile perfumes. It works well for day or night thanks to the perfect balance of warm floral notes and smoky touches. It makes me feel sexy in a subdued, "I've got a secret" kind of way.

Dior J'Adore
This classic perfume is the most potent of all the bottles on my shelf. The culprits? Orchids, Damascus plum, and amaranth wood. This is what I put on for date night with my husband because I feel overtly sexy in a swath of J'Adore's sensual scent.

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist Luxe*
Cashmere Mist is like one of Donna Karan's signature cashmere wraps, liquified and bottled. It envelopes me in the coziest of scents, and I wear it almost exclusively during cold months. Amber and vanilla mix and mingle with bergamot and exotic flowers; a combination that can be overwhelming in the summer heat. But it's romantic and comforting the rest of the year.

*Originally gifted to me by the companies a few years ago.

2 comments:

  1. I think it was yesterday that I was perusing through Minneapolis Picks and came across your blog- so glad I did! I also live in MN (Mankato) and spent part of yesterday going through your blog- I love it!

    And, I also LOVE perfume. My default used to be Shi by Alfred Sung until I ran out of my second bottle. I used to have all the expensive department store perfumes but lately I've been into the Bath & BOdy Works scents- Moonlight Path as of late.

    Anyhow, just wanted to drop a note and tell you I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across Bobbi Brown purely by accident and I love it. I love perfume and wear a fragrane depending on where I'm going and the mood I'm in. It's surprising but some days I just cannot wear a certain fragrance because of my mood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.