Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pattern Play

This dress is a real eye-catcher. The first few times I wore it, I self conciously wondered why everyone seemed to be looking at me. Since then I've grown more comfortable with the fact that the print and color combo beg a second glance. I reserve this jersey print dress for fall and winter; despite the vibrant blue and white color palette the fabric is very heavy. This is the first time the dress has seen the light of day in several months, so I decided to pair it with one of my newer belts. Give it a proper welcome and all that.







The clothes:
Blue and white dress - Donna Morgan (via Marshalls)
Black cashmere cardigan- Gap
Faux-snakeskin stretch belt - Lane Bryant Outlet
Mixed metal necklace- Lane Bryant
Black kitten heels - Payless

11 comments:

  1. I really like that print, and it looks cute with the snakeskin belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you played with prints by using that snakeskin belt. Such a pretty girlie dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome print, and I love that belt! Super cute outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a beautiful look on you!

    do you have a mustard cami or sweater? mustard would look really nice with that print! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very cute and the belt really makes a statement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great reason why I need to buy a mustard colored cardigan, Andie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the print looks fantastic on you! And I love the necklace! There is something about knotted, twisted, and funky chains that is so awesome I can't put my finger on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the necklace too!
    The more I look at the dress the more I fall in love with it. It's definitely something I would buy if I found one like it. It sure doesn't look like heavy fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the mixed chains necklace and how the colors play off the belt-- one of my favorite ways to pattern mix is subtle details that make it seem cohesive, and you rocked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty pattern, I could totally see it working for fall/winter with the right accessories... case and point your fab belt :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.