Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Top 5 Transitional Beauty Products

It always surprises me how quickly my beauty routine has to adjust to the change in weather come Fall. One day, my Mario Badescu Enzyme Gel Cleanser cleans and balances my combination skin. The next, my face is tight and itchy. I've begun to swap out my summer beauty arsenal for the fall/winter friendly products that battle and defend against dry, cold air. Here are the five I consistently reach for this time of year.

Mario Badescu Cucumber Cream Soap

The thick, creamy cleanser is midle and soothing but make no mistake: it cleans away every last bit of makeup, dirt and grime from the day.

L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray
This hairspray was a complete mystery to me for so long. A cult classic among beauty afficionados, I'd never really understood it's allure. Then I discovered the key: only use it during dry, cold months. The formula makes my hair greasy in the summer, but works like a charm in the midst of winter and its frizz friendly heaters & knit caps. Elnett spray holds like crazy then brushes out easily, leaving silky smooth strands.

Bliss Manicure's Best Friend
My cuticles are a ragged mess 90% of the time. Spring and summer nail polishes are light and pretty, so the cuticle issue isn't as much of an issue. But start slapping on Fall's dark, moody polishes and we've got a problem. Manicure's Best Friend is my best friend thanks to the instant effect of healthy, happy cuticles I see after one use.

Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten powder foundation
I can get away with tinted moisturizer and concealer right up until Labor Day. After that? My sensitive skin freaks out and needs more coverage. I like Laura Geller's baked foundation because the coverage is buildable, the color correction properties are borderline amazing, and it's perfectly portable.

mark Glowdacious Illuminating Powder
For my fair skin, bronzer is a must year-round. During spring/summer, I like a matte bronzing powder - like Stila's or Bobbi Brown's. But my skin starts to look a little drab and lifeless in September. So I switch over to a bronzing powder that has a little bit of glow to it. Last year, I was really happy with the subtle glow I got with mark's Glowdacious powder. I just ordered another compact of it and am hoping for the same pretty results.

1 comment:

  1. ooh, must try the bliss product! my cuticles are perennially terrible if I go without manicures...

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.