Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall Picnic

I've been looking forward to wearing my new LucieLu skirt for over a week now. One good thing about getting back to work - a reason to get dressed up every day, again! So here it is; the first of many outfits that will feature my Delaney Skirt in Raspberry.





For its first trot out and about, I played the skirt pretty conservatively by pairing it with a black cotton wrap top and kitten heels. I have a feel now for the way the skirt lays and moves; the skirt is a very crisp cotton that I thought might be a wrinkled mess by the end of the day. Surprisingly - it was not! Two pockets ride low along the (one on each side) so they don't add any bulk to my hips but are a fun/functional detail.

The clothes:
White ribbed tank- Gap
Black cotton wrap top - Kenneth Cole
Delaney Skirt in Raspberry- LucieLu
Mixed metal necklace- Lane Bryant
Diamond stud earrings - Lia Sophia
Black metal link bracelet- Lia Sophia
Kitten heels (yep, same as yesterday!) - Payless

6 comments:

  1. No wonder why you were looking forward to wearing that skirt! It's so cute! You look great in that outfit. :) Another skirt I want to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work has kept me so busy that I haven't checked blogs in two weeks and whose do I hit first??? YOURS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Goose! That made my day. I smile every time I see your Blogger name come up because my dad's nickname for me as kid was "Goose." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Goose! That made my day. I smile every time I see your Blogger name come up because my dad's nickname for me as kid was "Goose." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bracelet!! :D You look so cute in that skirt too! hehe :D

    xo Allison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)