Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hitting the Books

I walked to my local library today, which is one of the many things I love about living in downtown St. Paul. Suburbia is great, I've lived there/done that. But I'm not sure I'll leave the city because everything I want on a day-to-day basis is a short walk away.

I have really fond memories of my parents taking me and my brother to the library every week to pick out new books to read. It was always exciting to me, being presented with shelves and shelves of books just waiting to be read. I still feel a similar thrill whenever I walk into a library, all these years later.





This is my official "Library Book Bag." For some reason, the capacity of this bag directly correlates to the number of books I can get through before their due date comes around. I've tried carrying other bags and it never works out the same. Weird, I know.





The clothes:
Navy linen dress- Old Navy
Purple belt- Target
Glass flower necklace- obtained via Accessory Swap with friends
Plaid tennis shoes- Converse All Star
Canvas tote with sailboat pattern- Target
Book- The Passage by Justin Cronin. I give it a B-.

6 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for The Passage from my local library. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really really really REALLY love that necklace.

    http://thetaleofgoingnatural.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is awesome, what a great find!!! I also thing your library bag is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until we moved last week, we lived within walking distance of our library too. I love to walk there and grab a couple of books every few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A girl after my own heart!! I love the library. I am there at least once a week- usually more. Cute necklace and Chucks are a favorite of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just going back through old posts making sure that I hadn't missed any and I came across this one for a second time. I had to leave another comment because I am reading that same book right now. A friend loaned it to me over the weekend. I'm still in the beginning but from what he told me, it's going to be right up my alley. Have you finished it? Is it super good?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.