Thursday, July 1, 2010

Walking Picnic

I love this plaid tunic - it's fun and brightly colored (which has been seriously lacking in my outfits lately) and it fits well. With that said...I do feel that I should be carrying a picnic basket of fried chicken around with me today, instead of my laptop and work bag.



Because the print on my top is such a statment, I picked small jewelry - Grandma Kappy's amethyst & diamond necklace and a pair of amethyst earrings my Dad gave me for my 12th birthday.



I couldn't get a good shot of the earrings, so I'll tell you a quick story about them instead. The amethyst studs were my first "real" jewelry - I remember feeling so grownup when I lifted the lid of that little York Jewelry box to reveal the shimmery, shiny earrings inside. Eighteen years later, I've been lucky enough to receive additional pieces of jewelry. And the rush is always the same, seeing the jewelry box and slowly opening it. And it always makes me think of these earrings.

The clothes:
Plaid tunic - Lane Bryant
Jeans - Lee
Shoes - Payless
Necklace - Grandma Kappy
Earrings - Dad

6 comments:

  1. very sweet outfit!!! perhaps tomorrow i will attempt a little more color.

    i think i picked up on your gray vibes, i'm rockin a black tank dress with a gray cami underneath today. color me Morticia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristin! I don't know what's going on with my gray obsession. It feels sleek and cool without going all black, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The necklace is so pretty and dainty. My first piece fo real jewelry was this tiny little ruby ring that my parents got me for my 13 birthday. I felt like a glamorous movie star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I've just started reading your blog and I love it!
    I found you through Fab Finds Under $50 and your guest post on wide width shoes!

    That tunic looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I just recently started reading your blog (after you guest post on Fab Finds Under $50, on wide width shoeS).
    So, I"m deluring to say, I love your blog and you look greatin that plaid tunic. I always like the way they look on the hanger, but I can't quite get myself to purchase one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you still have the ruby ring, Tina? I love the way the memories attached to jewelry come bubbling up every time I wear a piece.

    Welcome, Allison- so glad you're a Bombshell Beauty reader! Looking forward to more comments from you-
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.