Thursday, July 15, 2010

Getting Through the Week

This has been a really trying week...work has been a little crazy! So I've been wearing all my favorite clothes to help get through each day. Today, I pulled out my turquoise Is It tunic and a side ponytail:





I like the way I look with a little hair around my face; sometimes a standard ponytail is too severe. So a sorta-side pony is my solution. It also reminds me of my childhood; my mom spent many mornings pulling my hair into a very high ponytail, pulled across my head, firmly anchored on the side of my head. It was kind of an
80's signature for me.

The clothes:
Is It tunic- Lane Bryant
Leggings -Lane Bryant
Black cardigan - Gap
Shoes - Payless.com
Siver hoops - Lia Sophia
Crocodile bracelet - gift from Kimberly

7 comments:

  1. VERY cute. I love that color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the 1980's "ponytail off to the side" as I would call it every morning while my mom was doing my hair. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rocked that same outfit on Tuesday based on your suggestion. Loved it, so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a great colour! hope you`ll have a great weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tunic on you! I really wish LB still had it available, I would buy one in an instant!
    I'm a fan of the side ponytail as well...I wear it quite often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same thing with a side ponytail. I set my ponytail ever so slightly to the side when I feel like I want a little hair to show, but I still want my hair pulled back. I struggle with keeping it from loking too young. It makes me happy to see it on you b/c if you do it too, then I know it's a good style even though I'm not 12. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand exactly what you mean, Tina. I'm at the age where I sometimes wonder if I'm dressing too young. But since I'm not using Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus as my fashion inspiration...I figure it's ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.