Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Beauty Moment - Josie Maran Kit

Beauty Moments have been few and far between over the past few weeks. I've been more focused on clothes than beauty, but beauty products are on par with my passion for fashion. So I'm really excited to share a couple new products I've been using over the past few weeks. The first of those products is:



I picked up the Josie Maran Green-on-the-Go Kit at Sephora for a steal -$24, which is half off its original selling price. I've heard a lot about Josie Maran's products; they're eco friendly and have a great reputation among beauty insiders for being extremely wearable and pretty. My kit includes:

- 100% Organic Argan Oil (3-5 uses)
- 0.14oz Plumping Lip Gloss in Daring (sheer shimmering rosy nude)
- 0.12oz Cream Blush in Sunrise (soft pink)
- 0.17oz Mascara in Black
- 0.04 oz Eye Liner in Black

Here's what I thought of each product:

Organic Argan Oil - I didn't really know what to do with this. I rubbed it into the ends of my hair, on my cuticles, and into dry spots on my knees and elbows. It was fine..nothing earth shattering. I thought the oil was kind of messy (as oils can be). Decided I have other products to treat each of those areas that I prefer.

Plumping Lip Gloss - this was my favorite of all the products. The color is so pretty - that perfect color without being too much color. Plus, it tastes great which is nice. The consistency is slick but not sticky. Lasts as long as most other glosses - an hour or so without eating or drinking anything.

Cream Blush - my second favorite product, I really like the ultra-blendable consistency of this blush. It's a nice healthy flush of color that looks really nice on lips and cheeks, too.

Mascara - I'm kind of picky about mascara, and this is not one I would buy again on its own. The formula was really wet, so I had a hard time keeping it on my lashes and off my eyelids. Once the mascara dried on my lashes, it started to flake.

Eye liner - This liner is ok. It was dry going on: I heated it up with my hair dryer, which helped. But that's entirely too much effort. The color is a nice saturated black that lasted most of the day.

I would love to try one of the Josie Maran Finger Paints - these palettes seem to be a cult-fave in the making. Have you tried and Josie Maran products? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this review...I had been wondering about her line.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.