Wednesday, July 7, 2010

$10 Shopping Restriction: Week 1

I have to admit that I'm finding the challenge of spending $10/week on clothes/makeup/jewelry/accessories much more challenging than May's complete spending freeze. When I told myself that I couldn't spend any money, I completely shut off my shopping instinct. Avoided it completely and focused my attention elsewhere. This $10 challenge? Has made me even more of a shopping nutball!

Tina, Kimberly and lots of our readers have found a lot of great items - and have really stretched their $10! I felt pressured to get as much as possible for my $10 this week. And I completely stressed about it. Until I realized, knee-deep in a bunch of clothes in an Old Navy dressing room, that I don't need to buy as many pieces as possible for $10. For me, I need to find something (one thing!) that I really really love and would spend $50 on. And I'm so excited to reveal my purchase:

This is my "I love this cute dress pose:"

I found this navy blue linen blend dress at Old Navy for $10.49. I spotted it on the clearance rack and wasn't sure if I liked it - the dress featured some really cheesy looking tie-backs, and was a little shapeless. But I thought it might work with a belt; yep , it did! I rushed home and started pulling accessories and separates to wear with this dress - it's really versatile. I decided to debut it with a yellow and white striped tank, a brown belt and brown gladiator sandals.

Are you taking part in the $10/week shopping challenge? If so, I'd love to see what you score. Share your finds on my Facebook Fan Page, and we'll all be inspired by one another.


  1. You did great with the $10 challenge! And just think - we get a new $10 starting tomorrow!

  2. I like the fact that you made it your own.

  3. This dress is so cute. I love the pop of color under it. You did a great job.

  4. Thanks! I think I've learned my lesson this week: Keep my eyes peeled for deals all week long. That way, I won't get down to the wire and feel desperate to spend those $10.

  5. I love finding a bargain!! Looks great!!

  6. Great score! Maybe I need to try t find something new...

  7. I'm dying for cute little dresses like this! Also I love that you can throw a top on underneath to change up the color scheme.


This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.