Thursday, June 17, 2010

New Plus Size Retailer: Sonsi

I've been hearing a lot of buzz around new plus size retailer, Sonsi. Their online presence is growing rapidly - bolstered in no doubt by the fact that they are a sponsor of Full Figured Fashion Week (going on now in NYC).

Sonsi sells several popular plus size brands from one e-commerce site, including Svoboda Jeans, Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant, Alex Evenings and more. It's a great way to purchase from both high and low plus size brands all at once!

With that high/low idea in mind, I created a Polyvore set of clothes currently on the Sonsi site. I started with a swank jacket by Alex Evenings, then paired it with casual jeans and a tee shirt. I love this kind of fancy/casual mix for a night out with girlfriends or date night. It's a great way to wear a piece (like this jacket) that may seem over the top when paired with true evening-wear. But it's perfect with jeans!



In addition to being a retailer, Sonsi is also working the whole social media angle by creating life-style articles and blog posts for its shoppers. I think the idea is to create a one-stop shop of shopping and interacting with other plus size women with similar interests. What do you think of this addition to a retail web site? Does it make you want to spend more time there? Or do you not really pay attention to that kind of stuff?

4 comments:

  1. I had planned to be at FFF week since it's so conveniently located, but I'm away this week so my pass went to waste. Boo..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you're having a wonderful week, though,Kenz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit you put together. It's something I would actually wear, though it's pushing my jeans & t-shirt boundaries (which I think I should be doing more of, now that I'm 31).

    ReplyDelete
  4. True...it's been an incredible week.. I wouldn't trade it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)