Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Beauty Moment- My Skincare Routine

Finding a great skincare routine can be as challenging as finding a husband or wife. You know what? I'm going to say it's harder: I've been married for 3 years and have just recently stabilized my skincare routine! Here's what I spent all that time looking for:

* Products that clean without stripping my skin
* Ingredients that feel good and do good
* Something that I can afford to purchase regularly ($20 or less per product)

Three simple things that have taken all of my adult life to find. At various points over the past few years, I've used and loved a variety of products. I was really happy with my skincare routine until Bobbi Brown discontinued my favorite face wash. That set me off on a journey that led to Mario Badescu. Mario and I met a little over a year ago, in the Roseville Ulta, and it's been a love story ever since. He really is everything I ever wanted in a skincare regimen.

Mario Badescu products have long been available in high end department stores like Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus. But it wasn't until I came face to face with them in my beloved Ulta that I gave the line a little time and attention. I like the simple, "chemist's shop" inspired packaging. And I read once that the impeccably gorgeous Liv Tyler is a fan of the line. Those two incredibly superficial facts, coupled with an Ulta coupon, were all it took for me to start opening jars and slathering on creams. And here's what I've been using:



The morning regimen (from left to right): Complex Moisturizer with Vitamin E & SPF 20 (in bottle missing the label), Cucumber Cream Soap, Glycolic Acid Toner, Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream



Night time regimen: Target Up & Up brand Eye Makeup Remover, same cream soap and toner, same eye cream (not pictured), Seaweed NightCream



I used two specialty treatment products: Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair*. The Bliss product is amazing - it instantly wakes up my complexion whenever it looks a little dull. And I'm not exactly sure what the Estee Lauder serum does...but it feels nice and cool on my skin, and seems to tighten everything up. So I'm in.



And finally, I slather my ultra-white legs in Mario Badescu Summer Shine Body Lotion every day to minimize the whiteness and give them a nice healthy lustre.

I have dry skin; find your perfect combination of products at Mario Badescu's web site. The products are all categorized by Dry, Oily and Combination skin types. Estee Lauder products are in most major department stores, and Bliss products can be purchased at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)