Thursday, May 20, 2010

Natural-Glam Makeup Look

I could watch Bones, the science/crime dramedy on Fox, for about 22 hours each and every day. I'm incredibly disappointed that one of it's stars, David Boreanaz, admitted to cheating on his wife because like 99% of the TV-viewing population I choose to believe the stars of my favorite shows are, in fact, their characters. And Booth would never cheat on a woman. But I digress.

Anyway - I love the makeup that title character Bones, as portrayed by Emily Deschanel, wears on the series. It's always pretty and clean, polished but not bland. Much like Emily's look at an industry event:



This natural-glam look is really easy to recreate:

1. Even out your skintone with a mattifying foundation, like Revlon Photoready foundation or Bare Minerals Matte. Apply only as much as you absolutely need to cover redness or blemishes.

2. Dust a sheer rose blush over your cheeks. Once the blush is on, use a fluffy brush to buff the color into a natural flush. Blend, blend like crazy.

3. Line eyes, upper and lower, with a light gray eyeliner. I like to use Bobbi Brown's eyeshadow in Steel. Get the tip of an angled eyeliner brush damp. Dip it into the eyeshadow and carefully line. Keep the line as thin and close to your lashline as possible.

4. Sweep a gold-toned shadow from lash line to just above the crease of your eye. Rather than choosing a shadow that's sparkly or super-pigmented, choose one that really enhances your eye color. That's where the focus should be! I like Estee Lauder's Pure Color eyeshadow in Ecru Matte.

5. Apply false eyelashes. This step is pretty critical in the glam factor - trust me, they're not as difficult as you may be thinking. I'll be posting a review of my favorite falsies, along with application tips.

6. Last step - lipstick. Go for a creamy lipstick/gloss hybrid in a pink that matches your blush. Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in Baby Baby is a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)