Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Best Crops

Bombshell reader, Kenz, reminded me recently in saying that she'd just picked up a new pair of cropped pants that I don't have a single pair of crops myself. I tend to favor cropped jeans. I like the fact that there are as many styles of cropped jeans as there are full-length pairs: casual boyfriend versions (rolled and beat up a bit), wide legged, dark wash, light wash, fitted and skinny, etc. Here are a few pairs I'm considering for this spring/summer:



While not exactly cropped pants, I like the versatility of Asos Curve's boyfriend jeans. Wear them long, wear them short, whatever you like. They look sufficiently worn without going overboard and look really cute cuffed and rolled to show off a killer pair of teetering sandals.



Tommy Hilfiger's cropped Memphis style jeans look like the perfect pair of "throw them on any time, with anything and look great" crops. The wash is casual, the cut is classic but not bland. And the straight fit that drops down to the bottom of the calf from the hips will flatter most Bombshell body types.



I like that this pair of crops by Caslon fits like a pair of denim trousers: side-slant pockets, a tailored cuff and evenly dark wash throughout. I would wear these to the office, paired with a graphic tee and heels.

Photo credit: Nordstrom.com; Macys.com; Asos.com

1 comment:

  1. I admit that I've gone a little crazy buying them lately..:) I have a boyfriend/roll up pair in a dark wash and a medium wash which is kind of distressed. I have a couple linen pairs too though they look more like cargo crops than linen...and a white denim pair as well. It sounds odd, but I promise they look super awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.