Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Favorite Dress!

I ordered this dress from Old Navy, and it arrived today:



This online photo does not do this piece justice - it is so much better in person! The cotton is so incredibly soft that it feels like pajamas (which I like...nothing wrong with being comfortable!). The silhouette fits my curves perfectly; it's shapely without clinging to my hips. And the ruffle detail along the neckline is the perfect touch of girly without being overly precious.

The dress looks very cool paired with a blazer and heels for work, and then transitions perfectly into an evening/weekend outfit by removing the jacket and adding a belt along the cinched empire waist. I'm also really happy with the length; I was a little concerned that, given my height (6') the dress would be too short to wear to work. But it hits right at my knee. Perfect.


For work.


For play.

The dress is available up to size 4X, and it ran true to size for me.

Photo credit: OldNavy.com

5 comments:

  1. Oh, girl!! You are such and enabler. Love the dress!! Oh and the purple belt too! Where did your belt come from? love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. The belt is from Target; I got in on super clearance sometime last spring. I didn't realize they carried plus size belts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great styling!! You're so tall and still wear heels...I love that!! My best friend is pretty much your height and refuses to wear heels to not 'tower' over people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute - love the addition of the purple belt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)