Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cover Girl Simply Ageless Line Expands

It's a well-known fact that I love the Cover Girl Simply Ageless line; I use the foundation on days that I need a little extra moisture and coverage on my skin, and I wear the cream blush (in Royal Plum) every single day. The blush goes on very sheer for a natural, pretty flush. It's also buildable so you can dab on a couple layers of color for a more defined cheek. My mom also uses the foundation and blush which says two things to me:

1.) The formula (which is enhanced with Olay serum) is great for different skin types -Mom's is dry, while mine is combination.

2.) My mom doesn't like to mess around with her makeup, while it's practically a hobby for me. So the Simply Ageless line is user-friendly, no matter your comfort level with makeup.

I was soooo excited to hear that Simply Ageless added Corrector* and Concealer* for the eyes to the line. The company was nice enough to send me samples so I could test them out and let you know what I think. Which was a good thing because every time I've been to Ulta in the past few weeks, their display for the product was completely empty! (Apparently, I wasn't the only one who was excited to give it a whirl).

I'll say right off the bat that the color selection confused the heck out of me. I've been a long-time devotee of Bobbi Brown's color theory for concealing under-eye issues. Bobbi's correctors are all based on peach tones, to cancel out the blue and purple undertones of eye circles. Her concealers, then, are yellow-based just like her foundations.

The Simply Ageless corrector is yellow-toned, and the concealers are peach-based. Now, I will say that I don't have really prominent under-eye circles. And sometimes I use Bobbi's corrector only, sometimes the concealer only, and other times (when this one blue vein under my left eye pops out all crazily) I layer concealer over the corrector.

I tell you this because I think it explains why I think the Simply Ageless versions worked for me. I have no idea how they might work for someone with serious under-eye circles. But, for me, both products worked out and I'd tell anyone to give them a try. At this price point (each product is about $10) I think it's worth some experimentation. If you decide to go for it here are a few general thoughts:

* Make sure your under-eye area is well hydrated before you put on either product. It makes a big difference in how the product lays on the skin.

* If you feel like your under-eye area looks a little dry, post application, pat a little eye cream over the products. They won't budge (unless you really goop the eye cream on!) but will look a little fresher.

* If you use the Simply Ageless foundation, choose the same number for the concealer. (For instance, I'm a 210 in foundation and concealer). The concealer color seems to be formulated a little lighter than the foundation, which is what you want in an under-eye concealer.

* The corrector comes in one shade.

As of this posting date, the Simply Ageless line is on sale at Drugstore.com, Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off. Just in case you're interested.


Photo credit: Drugstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.