Friday, May 8, 2009

Can't Seem to Learn

I've been dressing my body for...well, a long time. So I should know by now what works for my shape and what doesn't. I mean, I do. So why do I always reach for this style when I'm out at the stores: Alloy's Swiss Dot Dress, available up to 3X.

I do the same thing when it comes to tanks: Old Navy Floral Burnout Cami, up to size 3X. I know the boxy, shapeless style of the dress and the tank don't work for me. While they look cute and flowy on some girls, they just make me look boxy and shapeless. And yet, time and again, I reach for them on a rack of clothes. I go into the dressing room. And have that, "Oh, yeahhhh. Not for me," moment. Over and over again. It's like every time I see a swing-styled garment, I have momentary amnesia. Do you do that? Is there a color or style you repeatedly forget doesn't work for you?

3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing! I want the sweet, flowing pieces to look good on me, but I look like a linebacker. And a boxy one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I am guilty of this also. I always gravite toward tiered skirts, like this:
    http://store.alloy.com/item.do?categoryID=251&itemID=49166&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter=

    But every time, they look the same--terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grass is always greener, right? That is a super cute skirt, though DJ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)