Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Nautical Style

I love nautical-inspired clothing. The color palette- white, navy blue, red, black, yellow - is so crisp and clean. The style is easy and always on target- it's a classic and an annual springtime trend. Avenue has a great selection of separates to help you take on this look and make it your own. Sailor pants flatter the curviest of figures, thanks to a wide waist-band (which I love for its ability to control and smooth my tummy) and wide legs. The classic sailor pant has a side-closure which can make fit a little tricky, depending on your shape. If you need to go up a size to accomodate the side zip, you're not alone. I think sailor pants look best a little long - they can make your legs look miles long! If you're going to do the sailor look, you've got to have a thin-striped tee. I like this updated version that features a square, smocked neck detail. Pair your stripes with accessories in a pop of red or yellow. These red patent slides are so cute - I love the nod to rope and nautical knots with the chain link detail across the toes. The sandals are available in wide widths. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that this white woven bag costs less than $17! Snap it up because this tote will see you through the entire spring and summer with style. A pop of color near your face is like an instant face-life. These sunshine yellow earrings compliment lots of skin tones and complete a sassy nautical look.

Photo credit: Avenue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.