Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beauty Moment- Results of Pro X

I'm finally finished with my test of Olay's Pro X line of moisturizers, and my skin couldn't be happier. Although things got off to a pretty good start (I was happy with the moisture levels and smoothing properties of both the day and night creams, and thought the eye cream felt great and didn't irritate my eyes), things went downhill after week 2. Almost overnight my skin became incredibly dry - it yearned for my regular moisturizers. I stood strong, thinking that my skin was just making a final adjustment before fully embracing Pro X. But no.

The dryness continued, turning into flaking and irritating my rosacea. At the end of the 5 week experiment, my personal experience doesn't allow for a ringing endoresement of the Olay Pro X line of moisturizers for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, my skin (which is not especially sensitive) didn't take to the Repair Lotion with SPF 30 or the Wrinkle Smoothing Cream. And, while these products are being touted as department store quality skin care at drug store prices, they're not exactly cheap - about $47 for each cream. The only Pro X product I came away liking was the Eye Restoration Complex - the cream is light but very emollient and is a really good foundation for under eye concealer. However, at $47 it's pretty spendy.

Bottom line - only you and your skin can decide if Pro X is for you. I'm really disappointed in the results I got and in the price point and won't be buying more.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your honest review!

    Could you give us an overview of what products you are using and loving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, Roxi - good stuff to come next week, I promise!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.