Monday, February 2, 2009

Beauty Moment- Olay Professional Pro X

If you've opened a fashion magazine even once over the past several months, you've probably read something about Olay's new Professional line of anti-aging face creams. The products were developed in partnership with the Proctor & Gamble scientists and a team of dermatologists. The beauty industry is abuzz because this relatively inexpensive line (each cream costs approx $47) shows results competitive with those rendered by creams that cost upwards of $100. It's even been compared to the famed Creme de la Mer. I was sent a starter kit containing three of the six Olay Professional Pro X creams and will be testing them out for the next 3 weeks. I've been using them for a week already and will give you updates periodically.

I've been using the Age Repair Lotion with SPF 30 as a day lotion. It's a nice, fluid lotion dispensed from a pump that instantly softens my face and has eliminated the need for a primer before my foundation. For my combination skin (dry on the cheeks, oilier throughout the t-zone), it's the perfect weight - not to heavy nor too light.

At night, I slather on the Wrinkle Smoothing Cream. It comes in a jar, which I find interesting because a lot of dermatologists warn of product contamination when a person dips her fingers into a jar of cream over and over. Bacteria can be transferred to the cream, living and growing. Me? I don't really worry about that. I'm just saying. The Wrinkle Smoothing Cream is also very hydrating, feels great on the skin, instantly softens and sinks right in with no greasiness or heaviness.

Day and night, I apply the Eye Restoration Complex all around my eyes. The formula doesn't sting my eyes (which I can't say about all eye creams), quickly absorbs into the delicate skin around the eyes, and is a great base for my under-eye concealer.

According to Olay, after one week of use I should experience the following:
* Hydrated skin - yep

* Skin is protected from UVA/UVB rays - yep

* Appearance of dark circles and puffiness is dimished - I think so. Nothing dramatic, but I do feel like I wake up looking less ghastly than usual.

* Skin texture is smoother - yes; I like that one the best!

* Skin's natural exfoliation cycle is increased - I have no idea.

After week one, I'm still pretty ambivalent. Would I pay a combined total of $141 for these products on my own? Absolutely not. But maybe that will change over the next few weeks. The hard thing about anti-aging products is that you just have to trust they're working. I appreciate the fact that this line offers immediate, albeit superficial, results. And I recognize the need to be diligent with skincare while I'm still in my 20's.

Olay Professional Pro X products are available at Target and wherever Olay is sold. You can purchase the Anti-aging Starter Kit (shown above) which includes the products I'm using for under $65.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.