Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Beauty Moment- Nubar Nail Polish

There’s nothing like a flawless manicure- smooth, shiny, high-gloss color perfectly painted onto tips and toes. I always feel ladylike (and kind of kick-ass) when my nails are done. One of my new favorite polishes is called Corvina, by Nubar.

Nubar is a cult favorite of Hollywood startlets (like Scarlett Johanson) and Bombshells alike who are into eco-friendly beauty brands. None of Nubar’s polishes contain formaldehyde, toluene, or phlalates – all of which are absorbable carginogens. Granted, nails are pretty much indestructable and don't absorb much but if someone can make a great product without extra chemicals, all the better.

Corvina is a gorgeous, saturated shade of port purple. It looks amazing on short nails and toenails. The polish is thin; I always need three coats for even coverage. And as long as I add another top coat every few days, I can get a solid 6 days of chip-free wear. I love the design of the polish's cap, too - it's shaped like an hourglass is so easy to hold and control while polishing.

Check your local nail salon to see if they carry Nubar – if not, you can order online. Polish retails for $6.99 each, and entire color collections of 8 polishes are available for $45. Corvina is part of the Vineyard Collection.

Photo credit: ByNubar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)