Thursday, February 26, 2009

Beauty Moment- L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Powder

As you get older, are you wearing more or less makeup? I'm a complete makeup junkie; I love everything about it - buying it, applying it, re-applying, giving makeovers, receiving makeovers. Everything. But the older I get, the less I wear on a day-to-day basis. I've begun to look for foundation alternatives because I like the idea of showing my skin. I'm a new fan of powders that can play dual roles - light, sheer coverage for those days that my skin is on its best behavior; buildable, medium to full coverage for those days that my face looks inflamed or otherwise out of whack.

I've told you all about Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten, which I love. I can now add another, less expensive, option to my list of players: L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Powder.

The Infallible Powder promises 16 hours of continuous coverage, thanks to high resistance pigments that can power through heat and humidity. Available in six shades, the product also contains SPF 20.

I didn't get 16 hours of wear out of the Infallible Powder - probably closer to 6 before I started to notice a little shine. I wasn't really disappointed by this - as I mentioned, I enjoy a good touch-up at some point in the day. For sheer, light coverage I dust the powder on with a fluffy brush. When I want more coverage, I dampen a sponge, rub it over the powder and then tap it onto the areas that need it. No cakiness, no flakiness. I recommend using a primer or an emollient moisturizer before applying the powder; this will keep your face from feeling dry.

You can find Infallible Powder wherever L'Oreal products are sold. I usually get mine at Target or Ulta.

2 comments:

  1. I've only tried the infallible concealer, and that rocks. I might have to pick this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Loreal products & their new makeup is divine. I'm going to try this powder out (I have terrible oily skin)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.