Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snowbound!


After what was supposed to be a quick jaunt to Nebraska to visit my grandparents this weekend, I was snowed into Des Moines on the way home. Not the worst thing in the world, as my parents live there, but still - there's nothing like an unexpected delay on your way home to make you want to get home even more desperately! Some of the desperation was due to the fact that I had run out of face moisturizer. Dry + super cold- moisturizer= red, chapped face! Yow. In a pinch, I slathered my face with the St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter moisturizer that is usually slathered all over from neck to toes. I crossed my fingers, hoping the ultra thick lotion wouldn't irritate my sensitive skin & cause a massive break out. Lucky me - the lotion soothed and moisturized my face, no zits. Whew.

After ice, snow & blizzard-like wind (along with many hours of the Food Network with Mom), I'm back in the Twin Cities today. It was a great weekend with the family, but I'm not going anywhere until spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.