Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Go for Glitz

You only have a few more weeks to wear shiny, glitzy clothes and accessories with abandon. If you're still looking for that perfect glitzy piece, here are a few of my new favorites for inspiration:

I love Jessica Elliot's young-chic take on jewelry. The large cut-out bangle in nickel makes a statement without coming off as over the top. Wear it with an ornate dress that needs a little something extra, but can't support a necklace.

I love this shimmer stretch taffeta dress because it's something unexpected. The key to looking fabulous instead of frump is in the fit. This dress is too big for the model in the picture - make sure that a dress with a lot going on from the hips below fits perfectly throughout the bust and waist. Don't be afraid to wear something different - 'tis the season!

Wrap yourself up as a present with this shiny red leather bow belt. Cinch the waist of your favorite dress (doesn't have to be black - green, anyone?) for an instant makeover. You can find lots of cute, plus size belts at Torrid.

Forget silver bells- paint on silver nails! I like O.P.I's Brand New Skates (a gun metal silver) for toes. Seek out CND's Silver anniversary for a lighter sweep of silver on your fingers. Both available at Ulta.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about posting this here. I tried to email you but I was having some computer difficulty. Anyway, I love your blog and I was hoping you could help me with something. I am obsessed with the fashion on the show Gossip Girl. However I'm a size 24/26. I was hoping you could help me copy some or the ideas behind their clothes at an affordable price or give me some idea of what pieces I need to incorporate into my closet. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica-
    I'm glad that you're a Bombshell Beauty reader. I, too LOVE GG. I can absolutely pull together some Gossip Girl inspired ideas. Who do you relate to most, style-wise: Blair, Serena, Vanessa, Little J?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I bought OPI Brand New Skates today so I can have it put on my toes tomorrow.
    As soon as I saw it I bought it. I love the color...so edgy and sexy.
    Good call like usual.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)