Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Style

I got up at the crack of dawn (ok, 6:00 AM) so I could get to my polling location before 7:00 - after seeing all the horror stories of 3 hour waits at the polls on CNN, I was all about getting there early. I knew I could dial it in and just show up in my pajamas. But I wanted my outfit to match the excitement and enthusiasm I feel for Election Day. I had to plan for every "what if" possible - what if I have to stand outside in the morning chill, what if I have to stand inside a broiling hot building - and this is what I chose:



My Right Fit Denim trousers from Lane Bryant never steer me wrong. They're comfortable, pulled together, and make me feel a little kicky.



I chose this Lace Inset Blouse from Alloy (available up to size XXXL) so I could toss a jacket on over it without getting too warm if I needed to (which I didn't because for some reason, it's 75 degrees here in St. Paul). Oh, and the neutral cream color is the perfect backdrop for my red and white I VOTED sticker.



For accessories, I thought globally with this pendant and a pair of gold hoop earrings.



Standing around for an indefinite amount of time (in my case, about 40 minutes) called for flats. This plaid pair by B.P. gave a touch of Americana flair to my look. Get inspired, get out to vote - and look good doing it!

Photo credit: Lanebryant.com; Alloy.com; Macys.com; Nordstrom.com.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to know that I am not the only person out there who coordinated their outfit to match the "I voted today!" sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sticker is my favorite accessory today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.