Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All I Want for Christmas is Color

Not just any color - sheer washes of colorful eye shadow, blush, lipstick. I want to look festive. And pretty. NARS knows what I'm talking about.

Jolie Poupee eye shadow duo is everything the holidays should be: fun, unexpected, beautiful. I've heard it over and over again from you guys: "NARS shadows look downright scary!" I know. But just try them. Seriously. One shade is a bright, vibrant violet that looks light and airy on the lid. The second shade is a pearly grape purple that adds a little depth and shine to the eye. Neither of them are scary once they're on your eyelids. Promise. And I think that purple shadow is the perfect day-to-night color. You can apply it with a light hand and hit the office without looking like a hooker. Or you can layer it and smudge it with some black liner to create a party-worthy smokey eye.

For a little more holiday oomph, I like to sweep a touch of Silent Night along the crease of my lid. It layers well over practically any other color, and the glittery gold shade makes my eyes sparkle.

Sometimes it's nice to mix up where you put your color - instead of going for the obvious focus on your eyes, put a pop of color on your cheeks. Super Orgasm powder blush gives a nice flush and a boost of shimmer - definitely not for day use. But a great option for a night out!

Red lips are as ubiquitous as misteltoe during the season. But it doesn't always wear well...especially if you spend a lot of time underneath said mistletoe. Go for a sheer alternative like Canaille. It's less berry, more brown. Amp it up with a wash of gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)