Friday, July 18, 2008

Weekend of Camping

By the time you read this post I'll be off to Luck, Wisconsin for a weekend of psuedo-camping. It's not quite full-on camping because, while I am sleeping in a tent, I have access to a cabin that features a really nice bathroom and a shower. My husband and I will be toasting marshmallows by a campfire, eating boxes of Cheez-its (not sure why; it's just a tradition that I don't question), and swapping out morning coffee for bottles of Summer Shandy. While I'm no diva who puts on a full face of makeup before emerging from the tent, I am taking along two new go-to products that take up zero room in the duffel bag and multitask their way to a fresh, pretty look (cause, you know - there will be cameras at the campsite!).
I swear to all things beautiful that Global Goddess is the best beauty brand that you probably don't know about. It's not backed by a huge power house (*cough* Estee Lauder), so it's not as visible. But I'm telling you, every single product I've ever tried from GG is unique and fantastic. I love the Moroccan Lip Veils because they feel smooth and luscious on the lips, feature the very slightest fruity/sweet taste, last a good while, and leave my lips feeling hydrated. I like the second shade from the left - Sandstorm - which is a barely-there pink.
Goddess Glow South Pacific Shimmer has replaced my long-standing favorite bronzer from Bobbi Brown. The compact is comprised of a trio of natural-looking bronze shades that, when swirled together, create a light glow. You won't look like your forehead is dirty with this one- it's practically impossible to apply too much of this stuff. The powder does have a bit of shimmer to it, but you can wipe it away with a loose brush. I like the added sheen for nighttime, though. I also like to use his compact as eye shadow, choosing the center color as an all-over eye shade.

Have a terrific weekend, Bombshells- I'll talk to you on Monday!


Photo credit: GlobalGoddessBeauty.com

5 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Global Goddess too--I'm love with the Coconut leave in hair treatment...it's a total shame that we only hear about Shalini's company every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the company but smooth, slightly sweet, *hydrating* lip stuff is music to my ears...How did you first find out about them? And can their products only be purchased online? (Sorry if those are silly questions you already addressed earlier. Just curious...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read up on the Coconut hair treatment- I will definitely be giving it a try! My hair is all dry and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emilita-
    I first discovered Global Goddess at Sephora, back when they carried the line. They don't anymore, so I order online. The line is also sold on the Home Shopping Network, but I've not gone through them. I wish Ulta or Sephora would pick GG up again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your write up. Hope you had a great weekend camping!

    For all the Global Goddess Beauty fans out there, stay tuned for a lot of great things coming soon.

    And for all of you who love our Coconut Hair treatment, it's finally back in stock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)