Thursday, July 17, 2008

Spotlight on- Simply. Chloe Dao

Chloe Dao is my absolute favorite Project Runway designer (Season 2). I thought her creations were beautiful and artistic without sacrificing their wearability. Her clothes are available at Lot 8, her Houston-based boutique. She has plans to expand her boutique to New York and L.A., which is great for the coasts. Not so much for the rest of us. QVC to the rescue! (Did I really just say that?)

I know that my friend Stephanie is ready to stage a QVC intervention, but the home shopping channel carries the Simply. Chloe Dao line. And I was ecstatic to find that the clothes are available up to size 3XL (size 26/28). Regular QVC prices for Chloe's collection are a little bit less than retail; and for some reason the prices are slashed even further right now (probably getting ready for the fall collection). In any case, you'll find beautiful tops, dresses and bottoms (including a great pair of jeans) for $25-70 or so. Here's a look at a few of my favorites:
I know the ruffled placket on this stretch tunic won't be for everyone; it's a little more fashioney than a lot of women would wear day to day. But I like the shape, including the little self-belt. I could actually see myself pairing this with a pair of elegant trousers, diamond studs and gold bangle bracelts, and black patent leather heels for a formal night out. Also available in navy blue.
This kimono-sleeve top looks very basic at first glance, but it's got a couple of really stylish (but subtle) details that I love. For one, the scoop neckline lets you show some skin without really showing skin. You have the option of adjusting the attached belt, so you can really cinch it in for an obvious empire waist or leave it slack for just a little definition. I can see myself tossing this on over faded jeans and leather sandals to meet friends for dinner. Available in green, pink and navy. Every Bombshell needs a flirty black skirt. I like this one because it's a great length (hemmable if you're petite!), with a slim silhouette through the hips and thighs that incorporates plenty of movement at the hemline. Available up to size 24.
Photo credit: QVC.com

2 comments:

  1. Yes, an intervention might be needed :)

    So, did you order anything???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet; I'm waiting for her fall line to come out before making a purchase. I'm excited, though!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.