Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beauty Moment- Chafing Relief Powder Gel

One of the Bombshell readers recently asked me to recommend a product that would enable her to wear a cute dress I'd written about. Like most women size 14+, her thighs rub together whenever she wears skirts or dresses, resulting in irritating (if not downright painful!) chafing. As a regular dress-wearer, I've got just the thing:
Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel is easy to apply - just squeeze a small amount of gel onto fingertips and rub onto skin. The gel dries quickly, drying down to what feels like a silky smooth barrier over the sensitive skin on your thighs. There's no really discernable fragrance, and it's non-irritating. This means you can apply it to skin that is already chafed just as effectively as to prevent chafing. I've found it to be long lasting- up to 8 hours or so.
In a pinch, I've also used stick deodorant (gel doesn't work well) - swiping it over my thighs. It doesn't last as long as the Monistat product, but does the job pretty well.
If you're someone who shies away from skirts and dresses thanks to chafing issues, this product just might expand your wardrobe while decreasing discomfort. You can buy it at most drugstores, and online at drugstore.com.

2 comments:

  1. Monistat is an awesome product i have been using it for years! You can also get the cream version of it here.

    http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3679-s-MONISTAT.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff is multi-tasking!
    Believe it or not, I use it as a primer for my foundation...LOVE it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.