Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Beauty Moment- Sally Hershberger Hair Products

Remember this?Meg Ryan's shag haircut caused women of all ages to rush to their stylists, picture in hand, and demand short choppy layers. The woman behind the original cut? Sally Hershberger, stylist to the stars. She's collaborated on other hair product lines, including John Frieda's Blonde collection, and has come out with her own. Sally's a no-nonsense kind of woman, and this sensibility has influenced her products.

She's created a selection of 10 foundational products (i.e. shampoo, conditioner, and prepping lotion), including those specifically for Normal to Thin, Normal to Thick, and Wavy. There are also 4 styling products that can be used by all three hair types. I've been using the Style Primer for Normal to Thin Hair, Star Shine, and Shagg Spray. There are a few standout features on this line that really impress me:

  • It's virtually impossible to apply too much of Star Shine or Shagg Spray. I was leary of both products, afraid they would weigh down my hair or make it greasy at the roots. Didn't happen, even though I tried.
  • All three products have a really pleasant lemongrass scent.
  • I never knew I needed a style primer until I used this one. Two pumps of the fluffy lotion/mousse hybrid to my wet chin-length hair is plenty. It takes away the slippery feel of freshly washed and dryed hair; helps hold a style, a ponytail or an updo.
  • I don't have a shaggy hair cut, but the Shagg Spray makes my hair feel soft and look perfectly "undone"- a nice relaxed, summer look.
  • The line is sold at Wal-greens, and each product is less than $13.

The Sally Hershberger web site is fantastic, too. It includes several How-To videos to show you how to make the most of each styling product. I highly recommend the Sally Hershberger line, and would put it up against any product sold in a salon.

2 comments:

  1. I really need to try her product line. Love Meg's haircut. It seems timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! My husband asked me to stop going shorter with my hair, but I think that Ms. Ryan's style might be my last stop...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.