Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Summer Collection- Monif C

Monif C's designs are definitely for the extroverted Bombshell. No wilting flowers here! The hemlines are either very long or very short. The fabrics are silky and clingy and full of color. Monif C doesn't cut any corners when it comes to fine details - a grosgrain ribbon here, scalloped edges there.

This line is not one that I wear, but I appreciate what the mother/daughter team behind Monif C is doing. Every woman should be able to fit her personal style, and I love that they add some spice and variety to the 14+ market. And I appreciate the fact that some Bombshells can absolutely rock this stuff. Here are a few of my favorites:
Nia Silk Scarf dress, $265. This would be a lot of fun to wear on a beach vacation. I'm thinking flat grecian sandals and large dangly earrings would finish this dress off perfectly.
Sheila White Eyelet Frock, $215. This dress is an alluring mix of crisp, summer ease and girly sex appeal. The white eyelet is a nod to simple style at it's best, but the short hemline and plunging neckline let your assets take front and center. The Olivia Sequin Party Dress, $198, says South Beach to me. Normally, I would advise that you wear low heels with such a short dress. But what's the point? Might as well go all the way with this one.
Photo credit: MonifC.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.