Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day Survival Guide

The key to enjoying Memorial Day weekend is in being prepared for anything- BBQ with friends, a hike and picnic, a round of golf or a baseball game. Here are a few of my favorites to keep on hand so I can enjoy whatever I'm doing, wherever I'm doing it. Have a safe, fun weekend!


Keep a casual jacket nearby in case the temps take a dive or you're caught in an unexpected rain shower. I like this Guess? Short City Anorak in yellow. Also available in black and red, up to size 3X. $98. Dress them up, dress them down, keep your balance (even after a few cocktails!) in a cute pair of espadrille wedges. Stay dry and cozy up with someone cute under this adorable bubble umbrella. Stila's Long Wear Lip Color will last through burgers from the grill, margaritas on the patio, and a smooch at the end of the night. Flushed, which is a cool pink shade, looks just like you've been eating strawberries - naturally pretty. I cannot pay a lot for sunglasses because I lose them so easily. Thank God for Fred Flare, who keeps me covered for $10. I like the Kate Gold Trim sunglasses shown here. Also available in teal and fuschia.
Photo credit: Nordstrom.com; Payless.com; Target.com; FredFlare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)