Monday, May 19, 2008

Give a Girl a Hand

I'm leaving St. Paul on Thursday to attend a wedding in Nebraska. I still haven't figured out what the heck to wear. The wedding reception is in a small town (York, whose claim to fame is a water tower painted to look like a hot air balloon). The wedding is at 4:00, with dinner and dancing at the Country Club. Guests include my whole family.

Here's my issue: I live in a city. Clothes and fashion here are different. Whenever I head back to NE, I'm always overdressed. Not because I'm snotty and trying to set myself apart; it's just that my clothes fit my city life but don't translate as well to corn fields and the corner store. I want to look cute this weekend, but I also want to look appropriate. So here's what I'm thinking:

White linen blend pants from LB.
INC International Concepts Silk Garden-Print halter, available sizes 14-24. This outfit seems cute, springy, and like I could chase my nieces and nephews around in comfort. Pants might be pushing it, though...I could play it safe in something like this:
Charter Club Woman Belted Eyelet dress. I could swap out the belt and shoes with more colorful alternatives (blue or green maybe).

What do you think? Other suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. The pants and top look great. Don't worry about pants being wrong
    everyone wears them everywhere.
    The dress is pretty but the color is too dull for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there
    i LOVE the shirt and pants combo. i dont wear white pants, but i think if you will--go for it. the dress just seems sooo boring.. vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the dress. I have nieces and nephews the same age as yours and I know what my white pants would look like after an evening with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.