Friday, April 18, 2008

Beauty Moment- Prescriptives Instant Gratification


I understand that there's a time and place for taking things slow- on a first date, cutting off 6 inches or more of hair, buying a house.  But when it comes to perfect skin?  I don't wanna wait around for that.  And Prescriptives gets that.  In fact, they've named a product after me - Instant Gratification.  This all-in-one micro dermabrasion-peel comes pretty freaking close (in my opinion) to replicating a professional treatment at home.  Plus, it's oil free and non-acnegenic - both good things. 

 Slather a thick layer of the white scrub onto damp skin, rubbing it on with your finger tips.  The product will warm up on your skin which feels incredibly luxurious.  Relax with the mask on for about 5 minutes - your face will tingle and remain warm.  Then re-wet your fingertips and massage for 30 seconds, focusing on any especially dry or uneven patches.   You can use this mask once a week and follow it up with your usual skincare routine.   

This skin renewal peel is ah-mazing.  Seriously.  I have sensitive skin, complete with a tendency toward mild rosacea flare ups whenever anything too abrasive comes near my face (or when I drink too much red wine).  So I'm always on the look out for an exfoliant that won't make my skin angry.  Instant Gratification fits the bill - it's an easy to use micro dermabrasion scrub that whisks away tired skin cells, uncovering smooth, glowy skin underneath. 

 The only potential downside is the scent- while it is technically fragrance-free, there is still a somewhat evident medicinal smell.  Doesn't bother me, but if you're sensitive to stuff like that, you might want to sniff at the counter before shelling out the $45.   

Photo credit: Prescriptives.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)