Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cute Workout Gear

I'm not a huge fan of exercising - the sweating, the need to redo hair and makeup, did I mention the sweating? - but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. And exercise is a must to keep those curves nice and curvy. Cute, coordinated outfits make time on the elliptical machine or jumping puddles outside bearable. Exercise clothes must meet these basic requirements:
  • Fabric should be soft, moveable cotton

  • Fit should be roomy but not oversize - larger clothes just make a Bombshell look larger


  • Style is important- I like items that look sporty and functional but come in bright colors
I love these french terry pants by St. John's Bay. They come in black, pink, light green, light blue and gray. The racing stripe up the side of each leg fulfills my need desire to look sporty. The fabric is a polyester/cotton blend that feels nice and soft while whicking away moisture. A good whicking pant is nice if you hate to sweat as much as I do. They also come in a variety of lengths- petite, average and tall- which is unusual. And fabulous. Oh, and they're only $19.99. Double fabulous.
Old Navy's Zip Pocket Hoodies come in a bunch of great colors and feature little zip up pockets on the sides. Perfect for stowing keys, a couple bucks and an ID while out getting some exercise. I also like the plunging neckline and coordinating detail. Layer a contrasting tank or tee underneath this winner.
Old Navy's rib knit tanks are superb and layer well underneath hoodies or sweatshirts. The thick straps conceal most sports bras. For more flair, wear one color over another. Once you've put together a few outfits, click over to Nike.com to customize your own pair of running shoes.

1 comment:

  1. I've decided to get back into an exercise routine and was just pulling out my workout clothes yesterday. I too love for mine to be in cute colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.