Monday, February 4, 2008

Beauty Moment

This spring and summer, lips will be a getting a little make-under. Many makeup artists are temporarily moving away from saturated lip colors in favor of a light coating of creamy color. The idea, like much of spring/summer makeup, is to see a woman's skin (and lips) through the color application. I like this new direction because it's easy to do and feels relatively low-maintenance. One of my new favorite products to achieve the look is Bobbi Brown's Creamy Lip Color.

The lipstick/lip balm hybrid is extremely comfortable to wear. It's jam-packed full of shea butter and other emollients, so it glides on like a balm. The pop of color is sheer but long lasting. I was able to make it through the first three hours of my day (which included a cup of coffee and a bottle of water) before feeling the need to reapply. And it's not so much that I needed to reapply as that I wanted to. There's something about Bobbi's Creamy Lip Color's slim metal capsule that begs to be touched.

My favorite shades are Nectar, which looks like a wash of peachy pink on my lips, and Nude Pink, which polishes and enhances my natural lip color.

If you want to create the sheer lip look without buying a slew of new products, try this technique with a tube of your lipstick: apply the color straight from the tube onto the center of your lower lip. Press lips together until your upper lip has taken on some of the color. Use your fingertip to smudge and swipe the color over the whole of your mouth. Stay within the lines of your mouth, but we're not going for the perfectly-applied look. Top with a very light layer of gloss.

Photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.