Monday, February 25, 2008

Beauty Moment- CG Lash Blast

I usually reserve Beauty Moments to tell you about products that I'm really excited about but given all the buzz around Cover Girl's newest addition to the mascara market, I'm going to break from tradition. To be completely honest, Lash Blast is a lash bust.



I knew I was in trouble the moment I broke open the package and felt the patent- pending brush. I don't think Cover Girl should waste the money on securing that patent; the bristles are made of plastic, which would be fine - I like a few other brands who are venturing into the plastic bristle brush. They are usually flexible, clinging to each lash and wrapping them in mascara. But Lash Blast's brush is completely inflexible. There's absolutely no give. And the blunt end of the brush attracts globs of the ultra-sticky mascara.



Speaking of the formula - it's this weird slick/sticky goo. My lashes needed some serious attention with an eyelash comb after being given the once-over with this stuff. It smeared all over my eyelids and created the freakiest, spikey lash look ever. Not what I was going for. As for the packaging - I love the bright orange, but the tube is huge. Way too huge - it takes up more than its fair share of space in my already-crammed makeup bag.



If you notice, the reviews on Cover Girl's web site are not exactly raving about Lash Blast. Save your $6.99 for the next "next best thing". I'm sure it's just around the corner.



Photo credit: CoverGirl.com

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! I was seriously about to go buy this mascara...Boo! I mean, I have been buying others with the plastic brush (I like them a lot) but with Drew Barrymore's endorsement I was totally sold. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really excited about the mascara, too, because of Drew Barrymore. Talk about beyond disappointed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you! I tried it and was really put off by the large inflexible brush and goopy mess it left behind. I'm in 100% agreement with your post!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.