Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Style Icon- Billie Holiday

Renowned jazz singer Billie Holiday exemplified Bombshell style throughout her lifetime, most especially throughout the 1930’s and 40’s. Like many style icons of her day, Billie’s look focused on lush fabrics that draped her curvy body to perfection, as well as dramatically arched brows and a matte red lip. Billie, never one to fade into the background, took her style quotient to the next level by adopting a signature – the gardenia in her hair. The gardenia added allure and announced to the world, "I am here and you are going to take notice!"

Take a cue from Billie and adopt the equivalent of her gardenia. Your signature might be a color, a hair style, a scarf. Announce to the world your presence and revel in your own confidence. As Billie sang, "God bless the child that's got his own."

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't call those dramatic at all; they were straight and not at all arched. I dont think she was very curvy either. I mean, you can hardly find any body shots of her, and when you do, she just seems ruler shaped. I still admire her beauty stile though; dark, dramatic makeup, berry lips, with an elegant updo and flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment - it'll appear here once I review it. The helps keep the spam bots from junking up the comments (and makes sure I get to read and respond to comments, too!)