Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Spotlight on- Avenue

Credit can go to my friend and fellow Bombshell, Stephanie, for introducing me to Avenue. Steph and I have long been devotees to Lane Bryant (LB), which is why I was shocked when she began to turn up for shopping trips in clothes I'd never seen before. Luckily, she's not stingy when it comes to sharing the fashion wealth. She whisked me off to her new find.

Admittedly, I was not initally impressed. It felt as though one had to do a lot of digging to find anything worth trying on. The shirts were too long, the pants were slightly voluminous and the dresses reminded me of 1994. Then, I bumped into a rack of jeans and fell in love. It was my appreciation for Avenue's fun, trendy cuts of jeans that kept me coming back. Based on the innovation in their denim selection, I knew that Avenue had it in her to really come out swinging. She just needed some time. It's been 4 years since that fateful meeting. I knew this store had potential as yet untapped. Until now.

It seems that this Bombshell retailer has finally figured out who she is and what she's all about, and I love her for it. Dresses with modern, yet flirty, appeal. Cropped pants in every color and fabric imaginable. Yoga and workout pants galore! And don't forget the shoes...the most comfortable, stylish shoes in sizes up to 13. Well done, Avenue.

Photos courtesy of Avenue.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is inactive and is no longer accepting comments.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.